You Thought I Was Through? Oh No! Now It's Nerdcore!


In my never ending quest to find individuals willing to break their mold and live life as they are on the inside, it would be remiss not to include those lovable geeks in the nerdcore movement!

Nerdcore is a genre of rap that celebrates the culture of geekdom.  This could range anywhere from politics to fantasy or science fiction.  For example, you may hear a song in the style of the Beastie Boys' "Paul Revere" about "Four young hobbits that I know so well."   Major figures of the Nerdcore movement include MC Frontalot, MC Hawking and YTCracker, who is an artist at the Nerdy South Record label.

MC Frontalot - First World Problem

Optimus Rhyme - Obey the Moderator

You have to admit, these lyrics are dope!  

If you would still like to learn more about Nerdcore, you might want to go see the documentary, "Nerdcore for Life."

There have been some grumblings that Nerdcore could have racist undertones because the majority of artists are white guys taking on what could be considered traits of the black American community.  While I cannot say for sure if this is the case because I haven't been to any shows, I find it hard to believe that guys rapping about being an OMM moderator or The Lord Of the Rings can be considered racist.


Is this racist? 

I didn't think so.

It's fun!  Anyone who has ever had a passion for something a little off center can appreciate what these kids are trying to accomplish.  They are living their lifestyle and talking about the things that they love.  It's no secret, you have to be pretty eloquent to be a good MC.  That takes brains and wit.  It's safe to say that any geeks have this in spades.  Everyone should have the opportunity to strut on stage.  It's a great feeling.  Let the nerds have their jams!

Now I would like to take the time to debut my latest nerdcore song.  Check it!


(P.S. The song is intended to be funny and no one was hurt in the process of making it.)

Sing-a-long!
Let me lay it on the line
I got a little geekiness inside
And you know that the man
Has got to deal with it

I don't care what they say
I'm not about to pay nobody's way
'Cause it's all about the Guinan in me
mmm-hmm

I want a geek in the mornin'
A geek in the evenin'
Just like me
I want a brainy brother that can satisfy me
If you are that kind of man
'Cause I'm that kind of girl
I've got a geeky secret, everybody sing
'Cause we don't give a damn about The Ring

'Cause I will be a geek
Until the day until the dawn
and we can nerd out
all through the night to the early morn'
So come on and we'll roll up to comicon in a gangsta lean
and we can roll play any time of day it's all good for me!


Category: 3 comments

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post--I think it also is the first time we've had someone make their own song in a blog. Congrats!

Brooklynslim said...

Thanks! I'll be sure to give you backstage passes for my next gig. - BKSLM

Nutty said...

Uh-oh this tune remains stuck on autoplay in my brain. I think you're on to something...

Post a Comment